Monday, May 16, 2011

Hello family!

I sent some photos.

I forgot to charge my camera for the baptism but my companion got the photos. I will upload them next week.

So we had a lotta stuff going on this week. First off I got a new companion Elder Nwachukwu from Nigeria. (In wah chew coo) He was serving with Elder Yahaya in Tema as a zone leader. He is easy to get along with and will be a good companion. He is a good and easy teacher. He deals with the zone members well. I kinda just grab my head in pain and go "AAAAAHHHH" but he gives them assignments and gets them to follow up on it. We should be a good team.

Also we had a BAPTISM! We baptized Angela S. and Prince. Both of them are young and are in part member families. Angela's dad bro Frank baptized her. This was the first time he performed a baptism and it was right. He made some mistakes but the witnesses coached him through the ordinance. It was a job well done. Bro Stuff's wife came. We invited her to be baptized and be a member as well. She said yes! She doesn't speak english well yet, but with some weeks in the literacy class she will be fine. Man this is a great family!

Prince was really happy. We have been having him read the book of mormon and then watch the Book of Mormon cartoons you sent us. He loves it. We have been taking him away from his house to teach him. His house is at a spot where people drink and smoke a lot. We teach him at a nearby members house where the Spirit is there. He is a good boy. His sister didn't come to the stake conference on Sunday at Kaneshie. However he came by himself all the way and was wearing a new white shirt, no tie yet. He is a faithful great young person. Sister Smith came to the conference and Prince started telling her all the things he has been reading in the Book of Mormon. She was touched. Prince will be a good member, we just need to make sure that he stays strong with all the evil influences around him.

Well it was raining hard during the baptism so everyone was running late. We were there early and started helping some people clean the windows of the church. I started cleaning the glass front doors and yes I ripped my pants. It was only small so no problem. After teaching a lesson, I got on my bike and ripped the rest of it haha. We got a good photo. I will load it up next week.

When walking back from the baptism it was raining hard. We were walking towards home and I noticed a house on my left. It was between 2 kiosks and to the side of a store so it was hard to see. I felt strongly that I should go there. Again we were having an appointment somewhere but the feeling was too strong so we went not knowing who to meet really. We found a bunch of kids there, I went and saw a girl about 22 and started talking to her. She grabbed us some chairs however their house has no outisde place to sit so we were sitting close to their house with the water coming from the roof landing on our legs. A man saw us and gave her the keys to his kiosk and told us to teach her inside there. We sat with her and her english wasn't too strong. We mentioned to her the name of the church and she said, "Latter day saints? Oh my grandmother is a member. I'll follow her to church." The grandmother was asleep and we will meet her tomorrow. It is great how the Holy Ghost will lead us where to go. Just listen to him and it will work out best for everyone!

Our member friend, Sister Mills AKA the destroyer (she destroys all our investigators concerns), was buying some medicine and the pharmacist started bashing on the church saying we were a satanic chanting cult etc. So my nose was running and we went to go get some decongestants (muahaha). I gave the pharmacist a pamphlet all cheery and he said he'd call us when he was ready, then a man next to us asked for one and invited us to his house. We went and he said he had stopped going to church because they are all wrong. He had been praying to know what to do and then he saw us give the pharmacist a pamphlet with Jesus on it and knew that this was the answer. His name is Fred A. He has great faith and courage to talk to us and invite us over.  We are going to pick him to church this Sunday and get Bro Mills to be his friend.

Also one of our former investigators Fran invited us over. She traveled to the Brunahafo region to visit her family. While she was there she noticed they just built a LDS church opposite her house. She attended 3 times and says that she want's to be a member. Yahoo! She said that the church is far from her house in Odorkor but there it is close. We are working on developing her faith to travel to church here in Odorkor. I think she will do it.

We had stake conference here. They called a new stake presidency. Bro Baddoo is the 1st counselor. I knew it. Man it was an intense time when they were announcing it. It will be a good young stake presidency. Man you are in for it if you are a strong member in a foreign country. He was a high priest at 30 or something.

Man we have been listening to general conference on CD and it is really cool. The prophet and the Apostles are speaking the truth. I feel so great when I hear them speak. It is a great way to invite the Holy Ghost into your home.

Well anywho glad to hear that Andrew is married. The girl seems very cool. Man he is going to Julliard? He will be a great jazz player and meet some cool cats to play with. He will do very well. He is creative as it gets.
Chase is finally married too. Yay! He will be really happy now.

Man everyone is going on missions. The church is growing! I know the church is true.

Glad you enjoyed your mothers day. Hey pizza! Grandma Carol and Grandpa love that pizza. We have eaten it with them before.

So you got a letter from President Smith? He is a great man. I love him.

Glad everyone is doing very well. I am so blessed here on my mission. God is taking care of me so much here. He is also watching over you guys. I am so grateful. The church is true.

Love you guys.

Elder Bills

Also I'm proud of grandma Patsy. When I write stuff it just comes out sometimes too. Love you all!

President Smith, Elder Dakouri and Elder Dominic at the mission home. Elder Dakouri went home!

Elder Chamberlain is going home!



Man I got attacked by packages from home. Those were great Christmas cookies from Grandma. Hey and in May too!


Playing some complicated slap hands games with some kids.

This is Emerald. She is going nuts with those coloring books you sent. She immediately sat down, grabbed and opened the colored pencil and started drawing.
See your hard work from home going to good use.

Odorkor.

Elder Cobbinah (my son) and the new 40 pounds lighter Elder Collings. See stud!

Elder Collings lost a lot of weight. He started doing pushups in the morning too. He is a great missionary and is doing a great job.


Elder Berry and Elder Wollenzein