Friday, September 18, 2009

We probably won't hear from Brady for a few weeks.

So...while we're waiting to hear from Brady...you can write him a letter and have it mailed to Ghana for free if you register on http://www.dearelder.com/. Once you register (They require your name and email address), then you can write your letter online, and select to send it to Elder Brady Bills in the Accra, Ghana mission. They will print it out for you and mail it out for free using the Church Pouch service. (When you do the final step to send the letter, they ask if you want to make a donation, just say "No", and that's it.) I sent Brady a letter this way and it was handy.

He won't be able to email until sometime after Sept. 30, and I think it takes a few weeks for mail to get to Ghana.

I don't know what Brady is up to, but I know the Elders spend lots of time learning and studying in the MTC. They will have a chance to attend the Ghana temple while they are in the MTC, and they may see some sights as a group on their P-day.

Here's a picture I found online somewhere of an Elder in the Ghana MTC washing his clothes. The bucket method looks like the method the Elders will use for two years. I wonder how long the clothes take to dry so near the equator?



Since I don't have anything to report, I will stall...um...and distract you with some youtube videos I found about West Africa.

Here is a video made by church members showing the sights of West Africa, music sung by the Ghana LDS Temple Site Choir.



Here is a video on making Ghanian FuFu, the staple food of Ghana.



Here's an Elder learning to make FuFu.



So...that's all the info I have for now.