Hello my family!
I officially hate the power here. I got a big email ready for you and then the power went off. I use gmail so it saves automatically but for some reason it didn't save it this time!!! BAAAAAH!
Well anywho "always look on the bright side of life" (wee hoo, wee hoo wee hoo wee hoo)
Here is my tribute to midterms, in the form of a bubble test question however I will just write a statement in the style of a bubble test question rather than an actual question.
This week was not less busy than 2 weeks prior to next week. This week being a busy week is not false. Truly the statement 'last week was busier than this week', would surely be false.
English translation, this week was really busy unlike last week.
We had to run around like crazy doing baptismal interview after interview and tracking everybody down. I went to the mission home 3 times and had plenty of tro tro transfers, taxi rides, bike rides and walking. I'm tired!
We had 2 baptismal services this week, not just 1 but 2!!! We have the coolest bishop ever! We baptized 7 converts and 1 child of record. ALL OF THEM SHOWED UP ON TIME TO BE CONFIRMED!!! It was a great week!
It first started off by going to the temple and mission home on Tuesday. We had interviews with President Smith, in the which President Smith kept slugging me and hugging me haha. He really is a good guy and likes to tease. Sis Smith brought out your little Christmas Tree calendar load of creativity glitter glue thingie you made for me. She cherishes that thing. She took it from me last January and brought it to the mission home where it would be safe. I said that you kinda just sneeze out that stuff all the time and she was amazed.
We got these nifty doo water bottles that you can but non filtered water in and then when you suck the water out it moves the water through a 3 filter system thingie. Still I'm putting my pure water inside it still, no tap water for me. I still don't trust the thing (shifty eyes).
Well Elder Collings wears black ties too so we gave our companions black ties to wear. We all showed up at Zone Interviews wearing black ties and black trousers. We looked nice. Dr. Suzuki would be proud haha.
The temple really is a great place. It is the only place in Accra that is quiet. No speakers with too many tweeters playing at every other house, no generators making noise (like the one that is powering my internet right now). It is a great place to be. I love it there.
On Wednesday we went to the temple sight and mission home again with Beatrice. We did an interview and then took her to see the temple. When I was on splits a couple weeks ago, somebody taught her about baptisms for the dead and she freaked out because she took it literally, instead of getting baptised in behalf of people who have died. We taught her about it correctly and showed her a picture of the temples in the new Liahona etc. She understood it and we took her there to see it. She kept wanting to go inside. When we got there the sister missionaries ran up to her and greeted her. Beatrice was happy to see them as she has never seen any sister missionaries before. They were a great comfort to her. Her little stinker kid Kwabena was there and was happy. Little guy can't walk without holding onto something yet and he kept running around the place haha. He's cute.
Good story for you. Here is Thursday. We were teaching Nathaniel, Samuel's E,'s son, in his house. Their house is an unfinished building, as 50% of the houses are. There are bats that kinda fly around inside and treat it like a cave, going in and out etc. Their room is bat free but they fly around the unfinished parts of the houses. Well we were teaching in the unfinished part, it was dark so we used our flashlight and I felt something wet hit my face. Yes, indeed. A bat crapped on my face. It was only about a penny size and nobody else saw. Luckily I had a hanky and wiped it off secretly and Elder Cobbinah was teaching. Definitely a new experience.
Well this brings Friday. We took Elder Zadi and Elder Collings candidate Sandra to the mission home and temple sight as well for interviews. She is the daughter of their recent convert Bro. W. She is great. She was working on Sunday and needed some time before she could be baptized but she called us up on Sunday morning at 6 AM and told us that she talked to her boss and no longer works on Sundays! She rushed over to the baptism at 8 AM. It was crazy! She made it! Talk about taking the slum out of peoples lives. She truly showed by her works that she was ready. Her dad was really happy.
I read this scripture on Friday as well, "And again, how beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of those that are still publishing peace!" I thought it fit well with the McCarthy Hills District so I wrote it up on the whiteboard.
Well on Saturday we baptized 5 people. Bro. Anderson, Beatrice A, Samuel, Maxwell and Emmanuel. It was great. The AP's came to the baptism and enjoyed it. It was full of pacing because people were running late etc but it got done. No font problems! YAHOO!
Bro Seth and Sis Selina came to support and to give a talk. They are next door neighbors to Beatrice. Elisabeth came and supported her friend Edward. Samuel's son Nathaniel will be baptized in 2 weeks. It was great. Beatrice twin sister Bernice came to see it. She also came to church and said that she will be coming next week too. At first she told Elder Cobbinah that she was not interested in the church at all and etc etc. I kinda talked to her small and she made a joke about being baptized in proxy for her sister who was running late. I ran with it and showed her the questions for baptism. We shared with her a commandment that is necessary to keep before baptism and she was touched. I hope she will be baptised one day!
I have a good story. A while ago some woman told me that she didn't need the message we share because she is a 'stout Christian.' I was so tempted to say "well you actually look quite thin to me" but held it in. Can't remember if i shared that with you yet. Grandpa Bob would be proud. I had to tell you in order not to say it.
Well on Sunday we had yet another baptism at 8 AM. One of the investigators had a school test for his masters degree on Saturday and couldn't attend but luckily a child of record, Pappa was being baptized on his 8th birthday so Bishop said we could join them. Sandra also joined in on that day. Then all of our candidates and friends showed up and were confirmed. The confirmations took almost all of sacrament meeting. We confirmed 8 people. I was a blubbering mess by the end of it, picture dad during sacrament well that is how I was. Couldn't help it. Brother Asante then gave a talk because he is leaving on his mission, he was a blubbering mess too. It is cool to be a blubber-er because Bro Asante was and he is awesome haha.
Well the work will continue! This week was busy. I bought a can, an actual can of coke with real nice bubbles inside to celebrate.
Keep on doing all your hard work mom. You have been called to be the 'here I come to save the day!" person but discretely. Behind everybodies success, there is someone like you. Keep it up. The world depends on you.
I will find where your secret chocolate stash is and your cables and adapters so help me!!!
You guys are going to help with giving a goats eh? I have a lukewarm feeling about goats, for obvious reasons. I hate them but the world needs them. I just wake up to the freaking sound of bleeting every morning. I do like it when they sneeze, hilarious.
Well I gotta get going. Elder Cobbinah lost his debit card so we gotta run and stand in a major big line (smacks head!)
Hope you enjoy the pictures. I'll send you some more, a lot are on Elder collings card and he is slow putting them online. i'll try to get them from him, however he uses proprietary stuff (smacks head!!!)
The Church is true!
Gotta run!
Thanks for the gobbler stuff soon to come. I'll enjoy it. Thanks for your smarty pants comments mom. I cherish them.
Hey britt butt, hows the monkey island going?
Hey dad, I'm wearing your glasses as I broke my other ones. You'd be proud.
gotta go!
Love you all a lot!
Elder Bills
Elder Holt is about to go home in about 1 month. This will probably be the last time we will meet before he goes home. He is doing very very well. His legs actually make that position naturally from all the bull riding he did.
The McCarthy Hills District at the temple. We all wore black ties and trousers for the occasion.
We took Beatrice to the mission home and then to the temple sight. We met the sister missionaries there and she was excited as she had never seen any before. They were really nice to her and she was happy.
Beatrice and her little smoof Kwabena. He can't walk without holding someones hand yet, but he loves to run around.
Nants ingonyama bagithi Baba!!!
There is Sheldon, bro Seth and sis Selina's boy. They came to the baptism to support Beatrice.
Beatrice, Kwabena and the Elephant (elephant sound!) at the mission home.
We have a beautiful temple here. It is wonderful! ONLY PLACE IN ACCRA that is quiet.
We took Sandra, bro Wellingtons (recent convert) daughter to the mission home and temple as well. She was excited and liked how nice it was.
Her head wrap is cool, it has like string sewn into it so it looks like hair but it ain't hair! It is cool. It is something that Prince would wear.
I forgot to tell you that we live really close to the beach. I have proselyted about 2 miles from the beach my whole mission. I feel spoiled haha.
Sis Selina, Beatrice, Kwabena and Bernice (Beatrice twin sister). Bernice came to watch the baptism and then to church. She said that she is coming next week too!
We had a baptism on Sunday morning as well, right before church. Jeffery baptized his little brother Pappa (child of record) on his 8th birthday. Sis Dadzie was really excited. Sandra, bro W's daughter, was baptized along with Patrick. Patrick is a friend of sis Esther. Great week full of baptisms.
The baptism on Saturday! Brother Anderson was baptized along with sis Beatrice and brother Samuel. Elder Zadi and Elder Collings also baptized brother Emmanuel and Maxwell. Brother Asante and brother Albert, our ward mission leader were there to help support.
McCarthy Hills towards the beach.
Does that bag look familiar mom? Yes it is the same one you have. Things straps are tanks. I managed to break all the bags that I bought, then I saw this one and remembered you haul around a wheelbarrow load of stuff around in your bag and it keeps up. So what if it is a womans bag hahah.
My companion Elder Cobbinah. That lake in the back is in the area called Kasoa. Kasoa is growing really fast.
Time to bust out your Christmas calendar. Sis Smith adored it and took it to the mission home so I wouldn't destroy it. She gave it back to me at Zone Interviews and we I hung it up in the apartment. There aren't holidays here really besides Christmas so it is kinda a big deal.
I dunno but I really like this tree. It is very shire-esque.