Monday, October 18, 2010

Power went out, Scripture Power!!!

When I say scripture, you say power.

"scripture" (audience) "POWER!" "scripture" (audience) "POWER"

I have always wanted to do that for a microphone check haha.

Well after a long time of writing you a very great and detailed email, the power went off. ADANG?!! (WHY?!!) So I'm going to write you guys a quickie. We couldn't make it down to the fast internet place this week, maybe in 2 weeks or so we will run down there. Elder Collings went on splits again with me this week and we went to the purple rock query and prepped Bea A. for her interview, so he got some sweet pictures we will load up.

I'm writing you on 'notepad' and then copyin' and pastin' the text into gmail and then saving a draft in gmail, then while it takes the time to load (eternity) I can continue writing you an email. (geek sign and idea courtesy of Elder Collings). Anywho we were at church and nobody was there. We were scared but, SPOILER ALERT! We got 3 people to church this week. END OF SPOILER.

We found an empty classroom and said a little prayer asking for our investigators to show up and for help for them to come and safety for them as they were traveling. Well Eliza showed up right before church started. She came with her little daughters, one is Kristy who is around 9 years. She thinks I am crazy. Kinda looks at me weird haha. Anywho we took her to primary with her little sister, can't remember her name. There was a little problem from mother going to investigators class and the baby girl going to primary. SEPERATION!

AHHHH! I know how this goes. It seems like they are taking the mom away forever. Luckily Eliza had some juice boxes and biscuits on hand. After a couple min the little girl went to primary. Ate some biscuits, learned some songs, fell asleep. Kristy was doing great, little stinker is intelligent and told me everything she learned about tithing. After church we sat them down on the grass outside under a tree and we taught Kristy about baptism.

She understood and they are doing well. Hopefully she will be baptised with her mom in 2 weeks. YAhoo!

Anywho about 20 min into church we spotted Bea A. from the windows in the sacrament hall (windows in the chapel, weird huh?) Elder Cobbinah and I ran outside with glee and greeted her and brought her inside. She said that she was sorry for being late because all the tro-tro's and cars were full so she had to walk to church. Around that time a lot of tro-tro's are full but she treked all the way to the church. Like a true pioneer!

We had Bea A. interviewed and she will be baptized this Saturday. YAHOO! She is sweet. I absolutely love her. Grandma Patsy and her would get along. I am going to buy her some safety goggles for her rock breaking job because she doesn't have any and a couple weeks ago some rock got into her eye, she is okay now but I'll still pick her up a pair.

I know the power of prayer is true. God will always watch out for us especially if we work our cans off all week haha.

Well I got another butch cut. (salutes) It isn't nice to have. I think this is partially why Kristy was looking at me funny. Picture cueball, Bikers against child abuse (BACA), with some slight prickle on top.

Better yet, picture a cyclops but with 2 eyes, that is me. For an example go see the cyclops in 'The 7th voyage of Sinbad.' Best movie ever by the way.

Cyclops resembes Elder Bills new haircut.

Sorry I couldn't resist.

During church yesterday I saw a ward member boy who is almost 8 years old walking around in the back. We opened up the overflow doors so there was a lot of space to meander and squiggle. He kept wandering outside then back inside and stuff. I felt strongly that I should sit him down and have him listen to the talks. I didn't really know how to do it but then I remembered an apostle, or someone during sacrament meetings talk or something I heard somewhere once that a mom played games with the squiggly kids during sacrament to get them to pay attention.

I called the boy over and sat him down next to me. I had no idea what to do but I grabbed a pen and my planner and gave it to him. I then told him to help me write down all of the names of the prophets that were mentioned in during the talks. He wrote down some and then I had him find in the scriptures where the prophets names were mentioned.

THEN I had him write down all the scriptures mentioned and then find them in the scriptures and show them to me. He paid attention the the whole rest of the meeting. I don't know why the Holy Ghost whispered to me to play some games with him during sacrament, it felt silly but I knew that I was supposed to do it so I did.

It felt right and the boy learned some stuff and was happy. Maybe he will pay attention later on in life during sacrament meetings or something.

Well I tracked down 2 child or record baptisms in the ward and had the bishop interview them and everything. I kinda treated them like a normal investigator except we dont have the authority to interview them etc because they are still in the hands of the ward, so I just taught them and then had bishop interview them. One of them is Jeffery, sis Joyce (our recent convert) grandson. He just turned 8.

Another is a girl named Wendy, who lives with her grandpa who is a member. Her mom is a member but she stays with the grandpa. Sometimes they don't know that 8 years old is the time to do the baptisms for them. So along with Bea A., those 2 will be baptized along with one of Elder Zadi's candidates.

Everything is going pretty good. We are doing okay. I wish we had more consistency with people coming to church but ya know, can't complain.

We ran into a big polygamy problem with 2 of our investigators with a baptismal date. The woman married a man who didn't tell her he was actually married already. She got married to him and then he told her years later that he has another wife. So we have to go through this whole big thing on finding out if they are divorced or not. She said that she is getting a divorce but we don't know when it is within the church standards to baptise her. There is no written evidence of any marriages or divorces in this traditional system so it is tricky. We can't advise her to get a divorce or anything, we just have to make sure she is not a polygmaist before she can be baptized. It blows!

HEADACHE! HEARTACHE! POOPY! I'll letcha know how it turns out.

Oh yeah transfer news. I'm still here with everyone. We all stayed the same.

Well I'm glad that you are all doing a spook alley this year at BYU haha. Don't kill yourselves but make sure the stake dance party is a blast. Go and be yourselves and it'll help all of your ward members. Just keep working hard.

Love you guys!

Nice Halloween jars mom.
Sounds like Britt is having a lot of fun. I'm proud of her.

Sorry today is short but the lights off screwed us. I'll writcha a nice long one throughout the week in my journal and then just transcribe it over. Deal?

Love you all!

Gotta run.

I love you mom, dad, britt butt, dave butt.