Monday, November 2, 2009

Short email as the power is out, 2 more baptismal dates.

Yo.
Sorry this email will be short. Long story short, the power went out
and the generator is out of gas @ our usual place so we are at a
different, expensive place and don't have much time. Plus this
keyboard is sticky and hard to push!!!

So this week we were able to give 2 more people baptismal dates. It is
the mom and one of the daughters of a part member family. This
transfer we want to give the other 2 daughters a date as well and then
baptize the whole family. The daughter is about 25. I first contacted
her after teaching her mom, I gave her a pamphlet about Joseph Smith
and then talked about the first vision. She was shocked when she read
that none of the churches at the earth at that time were correct, but
she was not offended. She was prepared. We are so happy! Oh this is
the family that gave us the fermented palm wine drink haha. They will
do well. They are very kind and we should baptize them on the 5th of
December.

Today we visited the art center at Accra. It is outside. You can
haggle big time. They make djembe drums by hand there and sell them to
us obronis for about 30$. In the US they cost around 200-300. These
are rad. One day i will get one and bring it home. I got some cool
carved masks and stuff for 2$. We saw the ocean. We live really close
to the sea, however I would have never known it.

So I get mail, the paper kind, every 3 weeksish so I get a big wad of
letters every from all different dates. I just got the ones you sent
me while I was in the mtc. The dear elder ones work best so just use
those. I got your pumpkin patch ones today. HA I like the pictures and
you guys are fun. Keep on sendin' stuff, I like to read it.
The mission home got your package and i'll pick it up on Wednesday
at Zone Conference. Thanks tons for whatever is in it. Oh mom and
britt, send your measurements this week ;)

Elder Riding is a good companion. He does a great job and is good with
the scriptures. He and I work well together, he is helping me a lot. I
am learning to listen more, not only in lessons but in life as well. I
fear silence but am now learning to ask the right questions that help
people learn. Also I am learning that these Ghana people are my
people. I read somewhere in 2nd Nephi that Nephi prayed for "his"
people. I am now trying not to separate myself from them but to be one
with them, because we are all God's children. I am also learning to
love these people, they are not just lessons or people I am talking
to. They are my bro's and sisters and I want them to taste of the
sweet fruit, that is the gospel of Jesus Christ. Keep on sending your
thoughts and wise cracks. I showed an investigator the pics of you at
the pumpkin patch today and they said I look like mom.

I hope grandma is doing well. Tell grandpa I miss eating with him
but we will do it again when I get back.

Glad all is well with britt. Glad to see she is helping her students
learn and grow. Send those pics of the stage (yeah, i'm gonna build a
stage. If u put a ring in the freezer will it crack?)

Tell uncle davey "shoot da gizm, ya don't stop!" and also that nothing
would please me more than if he vacuum sealed a cheeseburger and
shipped it over. Or maybe just a wrapper so I can hang it up in my
room haha. I am eating well and doing lots of exercising and getting
in shape. I love the pineapple here and am not sweating soo much when
i sleep. I am adapting.

Yeah that’s the Elder Nelson, Bowtie, Stout, Anago, Riding and me. oh i
saw an mtc companion an elder Farnworth from Farmington. It was good
to see him. He has lost lots of weight and is lookin like a stud. He
is growing strong. I'm glad he is doing well.
I saw a white chick today and was thinking in my head "obronie koko"
like the locals do. It was funny. I am turning black, piece by piece.

I'll do a jewish dance in britts honor. Tell dave smith that i'm sad i
missed him in his tights. Nice coshtume britt. Well i gotta go. Expect
a big fat juicy email next week when I can email from my normal place
with a non sticky keyboard and have more time. Gotta go teach an
investigator.

Thanks dad for your letters. Keep sending them. I like to read them. I
can sense myself in both of you. It is weird. OH i am proud of the
gnome door.
Well talk to you all soon. The church is true.
We watched conference during church, only 2 sessions, and they were
sweet. Can't wait for the magazine. My fav was Monson's and the one
about temperance. I laughed during Sis Monson's talk about people
being scarred out of their minds hanging on for dear life and she was
sounding so happy.

I love you. Your stories give me strength. more spiritual stuff next
week i want to share, no time, but i will.

Love you.